Support Your Neighborhood
Trending Food Bowls
Texas Restaurant Equipment has always wanted to let you know about the next big trending foods and equipment. We are also looking for ways to inspire you to support your neighborhood community with your family owned restaurant and still maintain your budget. Why not get bowl-ed over and start today dishing up those fabulous new food bowls for your patrons.
Grain bowls, noodle bowls, acai bowls, pitaya bowls, fruit bowls, veggie bowls and your choice bowls with bottled salad dressings, and prepared salads and foods with a portion of all sales going to support the band, athletic departments, and music and drama programs are also trending. Yep you heard it right! Get noticed with bright colors and kick start your in house flavors by taking hold of these new programs for your cafeterias, after school programs, food trucks, and snacks at all events for your junior and senior varsity players.
When the Wall Street Journal declared "Bowls are big", by saying that bowls are the new plates, many restaurants like yourselves, as well as schools, and institutions crossed the line and increased their bowl offerings by 30% says FONA International. This is a significant thing to anyone in the foodservice industry at large. Now, that said, remember we are not talking just using a bowl for the food you have. Instead we are talking about creations specifically geared toward global flavors, way cool ingredients, and beautiful presentations with eye appealing must haves for your health and enjoyment.
If you are wondering what is in the rest of this year, then food bowls will be a way to indroduce new cuisine to all your city patrons. And Texas Restaurant Equipment has all the restaurant equipment you need to make it happen for your restaurant, bar, cafe, or find dining experience.
Specifics that feature Asian and Latin flavors, mean that these new food bowl trends are gaining more and more popularity across the nation. Being flexible is the nature of these new super foodie bowls will be critical to your success as well. Spicy, vegetarian, protein, and food packaging is a big part of the overall selling point too. Try it, you may love the responses you receive.
Here are some great ideas, ingredients and strategies the culinary arts are using to bowl their customers over:
- Customize-a-bowl - Bowls are made as we go through service lines,” says Executive Chef John Cook with Chartwells at the University of Miami (UM).
- Make it Vegan - Gorgeous and popular bowls served at UM’s Mahoney-Pearson dining hall are vegan and vegetarian bowls, according to Chef John Cook with Chartwells.
- Keep It Interesting - Flavor bowls keep cafeteria goers, students, and food trucks engaged. Vegan and veggie populations have grown on campuses across the nation, like Auburn who sports their own food branded items now
- Keeping It Colorful - Make every bowl pop with works of art that have huge pops of color and tastes to die for.
- Fruit Bowls - It's all about the fruit! There are no boundaries here. Apples, oranges, strawberries, blueberries, dried fruits, yogurt dips, and yes even cookies and crackers with tasty morsels of cheeses are unlimited
Don't forget to include additional items in your selections on your cold tables that can be customized. Figures bear out customization will always be a very high percentage of all bowls sold in all major markets. Increase sales by polling your clientele as to their desires. Your hard work will pay off.
Remember, grab and go items must be flexible, quick to assemble, and topped with creativity in order to keep your customers coming back. Let Main Auction Services help to turn you onto the latest and greatest cold bar tables, creative smalls, bowls, and top it off with creative take out packaging for the asking.
What's Out There Now:
- Boost the flavor on vegan and gluten-free bowls
- Use mushrooms cooked down in barbecue sauce
- Make hummus out of butternut squash and lemon juice
- Use caramelized onions, cooked down to a savory jam, as a condiment
- Puréed artichoke hearts create an unexpected pop of flavor on top of bowls
- Bowls can be powered up with components like edamame and seeds
- Grown-up vs kid friendly grain bowls shishito peppers, amaranth and adzuiki beans
- Zen bowls: quinoa and amaranth with adzuki beans, butternut squash, sweet potato, broccoli, kale, kimchi, carrot-ginger purée and sesame seeds
- Monsoon bowls: vegetable tikka, spiced chickpeas, sprouted lentils, roasted eggplant, shishito peppers, red onion and cilantro;
- Guacamole bowl: guacamole, Chinese five-spice shrimp, corn off the cob, green and red peppers, pickled red onion, pumpkin seeds, cilantro, tortilla strips and grilled lime.
- And More...
Now the question is why is this important to you in the selection of foodservice equipment? It's only a matter of time, and a function how you use the latest cold tables and bowl shapes in service pieces, as well as beauty in the take out containers as well before you compete with what's out there. If you hit now while the trend is building, you can increase revenues on the upswing, get involved with your clients, and keep ahead of the next international flavors that are all the rage.
Your new cold bar for flavor-packed add-ons like kimchi, red onions, scallions, cilantro, pickled jalapeños and Asian power blend slaw (shredded kale, red cabbage, kohlrabi, golden beets, Brussels sprouts, carrots and broccoli are just a few items you need to think about providing storage and displays for as your customers move down the serving lines, or order from your specialty menus.
Let's talk specifics for what you may need to purchase for a minute.
- Round Colored Double-Wall Insulated Serving Bowls
- Angled Beehive Bowls
- Square Colored Double-Wall Insulated Serving Bowls
- Double Wall Platters
- Super Contemporary Pans & Templates
- Breath Guards
- Contemporary Pans & Templates
- Salad Bar Components
- Buffet Bases
- Custom Salad Bars
- Cold Pans
- Hot & Cold Drop-ins
- Refrigerated Cold Pans
- Clear see through snap tops
- Cold Food tables
- Hot Food Tables
- Condiment Holders
- And More...
Texas Restaurant Equipment in Houston is committed to helping you get the best products and equipment available in the restaurant and food service industry. Food trends come and go, but quality restaurant equipment is the best investment you can make. It can make the difference between a little or a log of profits this next quarter.
If you need to buy or sell one piece, or the contents of an entire restaurant, Texas Restaurant Equipment will be your best resource for late-model restaurant, bakery and bar equipment, and hot and cold foodTexas Restaurant Equipment Are Here To Serve You
1718 West Main Street • Grand Prairie, Texas 75050 • 972-642-0513 12922 Hempstead Hwy • Houston, Texas 77040 • 713-690-1231